Online Resources for the Study of
A CATHOLIC PERSPECTIVE ON HUMAN SEXUALITY
MAGISTERIAL CHURCH TEACHING
Catechism of the Catholic Church (online version) Especially sections on Matrimony par. 1601-1666; The Family par. 2201-2233; The Sixth Commandment, par. 2231-2400; The Ninth Commandment, par. 2514-2533
Pope John Paul II. Evangelium Vitae (On the Value and Inviolability of Human Life)
Paul VI. Humanae Vitae
Pope Pius XI. Casti Connubii: On Christian Marriage
Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Declaration on Certain Questions Concerning Sexual Ethics
ARTICLES/TALKS ON THE PURPOSE OF HUMAN SEXUALITY
J. Budziszewski. "Designed for Sex: What We Lose When We Forget What Sex is For." Touchstone. July/Aug. 2005.
Anthony Esolen. "Chastity: The Seventh Lively Virtue" A poetic reflection on the complementarity of man and woman, and the beauty of sexual relations within the context of marriage between and man and a woman who embrace the creative potential of their acts.
Fr. Mike Schmitz. From Love, For Love, By Love: A Deeper Understanding of Contraception, Same Sex Attractions, and Authentic Love Incorporates the broader meaning of the person, the body, friendship, love, and of sexuality into a discussion of contraception and same-sex attraction. (CD from Lighthouse Media)
Patrick Lee and Robert George. What Sex Can Be: Self-Alienation, Illusion, or One-Flesh Unity. American Journal of Jurisprudence 42 (1997).
BLESSED JOHN PAUL II and THE THEOLOGY OF THE BODY
Blessed John Paul II
Pope John Paul II. Man and Woman, He Created Them: The Theology of the Body (online version)
Karol, Wojtyla. Love and Responsibility (BOOK)
- Love and Responsibility Foundation. John Paul II on Love and Responsibility. Online 32 page booklet that goes into considerable depth expounding on John Paul II's book.
- Series of Articles by Dr. Edward Sri offer a summary and explanation of this book.
Christopher West (on the Theology of the Body)
- "The Pope's Theology of the Body" Introduces and summarizes the Theology of the Body.
AUDIO DOWNLOADS - FREE ONLINE
- "Your Call to Greatness" A vision-of-life talk for those who are new to the Theology of the Body.
- "Theology of the Body: A Bold, Biblical Response to the Sexual Revolution" Evangelical audience. The Theology of the Body is not for Catholics only.
- Naked Without Shame Full length series of 8 talks on The Theology of the Body.
- Your Call to Greatness (one hour DVD)
- An Introduction to the Theology of the Body: Discovering the Master Plan for Your Life (8 part DVD series with study guide) (OFW)
- Into the Heart (16 part DVD series with study guide)
- Freedom to Love (5 part DVD series with study guide for young adults)
- The Good News About Sex and Marriage (BOOK) Easy-to-read question and answer format.
Fr. Richard Hogan. John Paul II's New Vision of Human Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Life.
Fr. John Riccardo's talks. – Free download
See handouts in "Handouts" on "Fr. Riccardo's Articles and Bibliographies" page at OLGC web site
Dr. Edward Sri.
Video of interview with author on EWTN Bookmark.
Series of Articles by Dr. Edward Sri based on the book. See outline with links at the bottom of the page.
DVD series of the same title.
WEBSITES WITH PLENTIFUL RESOURCES FOR ADDITION STUDY
- Catholic pornography help and other resources for men desiring to maintain purity
- Chastity.com with Jason and Crystalina Evert.
- Courage Apostolate for those with same-sex attractions
- Couple to Couple League Natural family planning.
- Sexual Common Sense with Dr. Janet Smith
A supplement to the syllabus, Fullest Access: Catholicism
Compiled by Mary Wagner. Corrections and suggestions welcome via e-mail.
Last updated 9/7/2012